Sunday 21 November 2010

The Twins arrive...thanks to Auntie Selina

On Sunday I had a call from my little sister and the urgency in her voice was obvious...I asked her to calm down and finally I understood what it was she needed from me! Dropping what I was doing I raced home to Envision and to my clinic next door just in time for her and her partner to arrive. The pain on her face as she clasped her bump mixed with his continued pacing up and down on my brand new carpets confirmed as I expected that Lina was indeed in labour. Within minutes Lina and Gooz were surround by what can only be described as a gaggle of friends all will to be cheer leaders as the urged Lina to push....which at this stage she and I were not ready for.

After examining her I got Gooz to help her into the tub and as the contractions neared and strengthened amongst all the chaos in the room I got Lina to concentrate and push her twins into the world...one at a time they finally emerged first her little boy and then her little girl.

Lina and Gooz are now the proud parents of Leo and Jaenelle and as Auntie I am very proud to have had a hand in the birth.

Congratulations Mom and Dad and Happy Birthday Babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment