Friday 17 September 2010

Bending the truth, Lies and Hurt! Soap Box Alert!

Think
Hurt...this is a word I hate...almost as much as the word lying or as some like to refer to it as 'Bending the truth' I have witnessed my fair share of it in my life, as have others I know. But sometimes people say things maybe to impress others but don't realise how they inflict pain on people who have been good friends with them, cared for them unconditionally, and helped them in ways above and beyond the status of their friendship!

I won't reveal who was involved or how and why it came about...I was not the one hurt directly...indirectly yes it smarted and watching another person hurt is not something that I want to witness on a regular basis but some people just don't think before they speak and their words make others feel the pain of a past sadness all over again...I am sure it was immaturity in this particular instance on the part of the person who did not think!

Still I wish people would remember what really happened, what was really felt and how it ended the way it did for a reason....bending the truth to suit is a way of tarnishing whatever good memories were left and sours the present not just the past.

I'll get off my soap box now!

No comments:

Post a Comment