Saturday 16 April 2011

Ownership Flag and Icons

With respect to my Owner,

As I learn more and more about the D/s lifestyle I am finding things that I did not know before that make perfect sense and I find I accept without question. Once upon a time I would have laughed at, or run away from, this information and the ideas they provoke. Now however I am hungry to learn and take on board all that I can.

Today I learnt that there are symbols denoting 'Ownership and Possession' that I had no idea existed and so below are the details of this

Description MaleFemale
Symbols for the planets have existed for hundreds of years, and Mars and Venus are used as a shorthand for male and female sexes in biology. To indicate gender in an ownership icon, we used the arrow (male) and cross (female) from these symbols. Mars symbol Venus symbol
The symbols for owners, masters and mistresses use a shield to represent the head of the household, with an arrow or a cross to indicate gender. Shield
80px 16px 1200px
Arrow on shield
80px 16px 1200px
Cross on shield
80px 16px 1200px
Owned slaves and collared submissives' symbols consist of a circle, representing a collar, and the gender arrow or cross. Collar
80px 16px 1200px
Arrow in collar
80px 16px 1200px
Cross in collar
80px 16px 1200px
The symbols for free submissives place the gender arrow or cross inside a broken square, representing an unlocked cage. Cage
80px 16px 1200px
Arrow in cage
80px 16px 1200px
Cross in cage
80px 16px 1200px
The Collar Shield combines the symbols for owner and owned, and can be used to represent Ownership & Possession itself, and is the basis of the Ownership Flag. Collar shield
80px 1200px
Ownership Flag
100x60 1000x600 more...

These symbols have, in my eyes, a very clear meaning and are easy to understand. I think they should be more widely used

signed his submissive owned

No comments:

Post a Comment